Thursday, November 19, 2009

karaoke season

It's near the holiday season now. Start thinking of food and entertainment as there are many holidays around. We have been downloading a lot of Karaoke songs lately. Listening to the old familiar songs that have been around my life for past 15 years. All those sweet and bitter memories start to float in my mind. Remembering old friends that I grew up with and how each song impact me at different stage of life. But this time, I really listen to the songs, comprehend the lyrics and sing with them. It's very different than listening to the music while doing other things together. Melody is a soothing remedy for me. I feel the inner self of me singing and being in different dimension of space. It is so free and natural.

Singing reminds me of my childhood. Every kid likes to sing. I was fortunate to participate singing on the stage. I did so well and natural at the very beginning of the years. After teacher introduced the term of prize and competition, I was overwhelmed with the stress. I think I did well too but the way of enjoying singing was immensely different. During my first year of secondary school, a few of my primary school friends also participated in a singing contest as a group. I don't remember how we did but I remember how I enjoyed the process of preparing for the contest. Sze just confessed to me today that she also participated in a singing contest in her first year of middle school. It was awesome to know that we have another similarity. But to be honest, she is more talented and sensitive to music than I am. I have learned some singing skill from her every time we did karaoke although none of us actually take formal vocal lesson. Well, what the heck, I'm sure I will have a blast on many karaoke sessions this season.

-Fui

No comments:

Post a Comment